Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Norman's Arrival



June 9, 2012
Doodle came over to play that afternoon and join us for dinner. We were out at the pool when I noticed contractions beginning. They were not strong, but I knew that it was contractions. The started very mild and as the night went on, they continued to slowly get stronger. All through dinner we were timing them and I was trying to stay calm. They were consistently 7-8 minutes a part. Doodle left, and around 9pm I called the doctor and went in to the hospital. When I arrived, I walked calmly in and the resident checked and I was only 2cm. They wanted to keep me for 1 hour to check my contractions. When they were checking me, they noticed Norman's heart rate had slightly dropped and the doctors wanted to keep me for 1 more hour. After 2 hours and no dilation, they sent me on my way. The resident told Kelly to call when my contractions were 3-5 minutes a part. As soon as I got in mom's car to leave the hospital I had a BIG contraction. I think it was Norman telling me to stay at the hospital! But, we left and went home. We went to bed and my contractions consistently stayed at 7-8 minutes and they quickly got stronger and stronger. I was screaming through contractions and Kelly would not let me call the doctor because they were not 3-5 minutes a part! My mom heard me screaming downstairs and came up to check. She let me call the doctor:) After mom and Kelly got me to the hospital, and I screamed through the hallways into my room, the nurses told me I was 8.5 cm and "You don't need to scream, that doesn't help." I kept screaming through contractions and begged for an epidural. As soon as I got the epidural, Norman decided to hang out for a while. That gave the doctor time to make it and Norman arrived at 9:25am, June 10, 2012! The doctor said he had a head full of red hair! Norman weighed 7 lbs 15.5 oz.
Kelly and I were so happy! My mom, dad and Giuliana were already on their way to the hospital when Kelly called them. Giuliana was a bit apprehensive when she walked in the room seeing mommy on the bed holding Baby Norman. However, she quickly warmed up to him.



Giuliana helped the nurse wheel Norman to our room
After we moved to our room, we had several more visitors! David, Debra, Fritz, Doodle, Lala, and Uncle Quincy all made it to see Norman in the hospital!
Giuliana showed up after nap time with her baby Dallas


Proud Granddad


Overjoyed Grammi



Loving Gramps
Lala (Lauren Shaw) even made it up to hold the newest Coco baby boy!



Proud Daddy:)





Three generations 

Content Caki
We took Norman home on June 11. When I say home, I mean my parent's house:) 
First bath






No comments:

Post a Comment