Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Nida, Lithuania

Last weekend, we went to Nida to celebrate Mother's Day. It is a resort town in Lithuania on the Curonian Spit. Kelly, Giuliana and I went with my friend Kathy and her friend Shannon, who just got here to visit from Canada!


You see these weathervanes all over the town.
The Inn we stayed in.





After we walked around town, we drove to the sand dunes.


It was a little windy

The island reminded me of Anne of Green Gables
After the dunes, we drove to the Russian border. You can see their flag. This is the small part of Russia on the Baltic Sea.

Then we walked to the Baltic Sea





On Sunday, we left Nida and walked around Klaipeda.

Hitler stood on that balcony to announce he had taken over the city during WWII.
Wow, what an outfit.
After walking around Old Town, we had lunch and then drove home. We were in the car for about an hour when I realized I forgot the camera at the restaurant. So.....Kelly drove us back to get the camera. By the time we made it to Vilnius, it was dinner time. We stopped at Tres Amigos for dinner! G had made a bit of a mess on herself so she had to sport her too small pajamas in the restaurant:)
G and Kathy

We had a wonderful weekend and I had the best Mother's Day!
Sweet baby and mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment