This morning around 12:30am Jennifer started to have contractions. So we waited for about an hour and then headed to the Baltic American Clinic. We arrived around 1:40am and Jennifer's contractions became more frequent and more painful. So after the doctor checked her out Jennifer promptly requested and received an epidural. With the pain in check we waited.
Around the time Jennifer's second dose ran out the doctor said she was ready for labor. This of course was upsetting to Jennifer because she would have to go it alone, without the assistance of another dose of pain meds. She handled it well and as the labor began she only had to push 3 times and at 6:10am, Lithuanian time, out came Giuliana Leigh Krieg. All 3kg 680g of her. (That is 8lbs 2oz in American.)She had a head full of hair and a pink wrinkly body.
After I cut the umbilical cord the doctors cleaned her up and handed her to Jennifer. She is a natural. Giuliana could not be in better hands. Jennifer did great throughout the whole pregnancy and birth. I like to think I did a fine job as well. I had been kind of worried because everyone kept saying how much it hurt, but I did not feel a thing. And I did not even need an epidural! The birth was amazing. It kind of reminded me of calvin heifers back at the ranch. So I think the next one I might just try to deliver myself. Maybe save a little money. Let's see what Jennifer thinks.
We would like to thank everyone for all the support over the past nine months. We could not have done it without y’all. And we can’t wait to see everyone this summer. We also like to thank Jesus for answering our prayers with a beautiful, healthy baby and a safe pregnancy. Without him nothing is possible.
So proud of yall! Can't wait to hold that baby girl.
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful!!! SO happy for yall
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to everyone (especially Kelly for his strength – no epidural needed – and perseverance- ;-))). She is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteKay and John in MS
Congratulations!!!! She is perfect!
ReplyDeleteShe is a beautiful gift for such special people!
ReplyDelete